I'm also puzzled how they are stating that physical KYC is no more.
I just did physical KYC in HDFC by visiting to the branch yesterday.
On the other hand, I had applied for am Icici card couple of months back but
had not got any update concerning my application though.
Probably internally they might have discontinued physical KYC and please ask
them to provide circular/notification from the RBI or from Icici itself.

Thanks and best regards,
Ali
Sent from my iPhone