From: "Steve Jones" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: "AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group" <af@af.afmug.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 3:34:13 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] powercode and mikrotik BMUs

Powercode has become quite a joke. Half our probes havent worked for months and
they dont even respond to the ticket. We had to spin up Librenms just to get
monitoring data

Trying to integrate mikrotik BMUs and having issues, they have zero legitimate
documentation and when you ask whats supposed to be happening they tell you to
seek out a consultant and that the info may be proprietary.

Thats all bad enough, but i figure ill do some packet sniffing to find out what
the communication is between the billing server and the mikrotik, maybe find
out I misconfigured something, come to find out the nitwits are sending out the
authentication in PLAIN TEXT. They dont even have a disclaimer when you add one
of these. but christ, if youre operating an off network BMU, your
infrastructure credentials are getting tossed into the ether like its nothing.

I wish simon hadnt left