From: "Ben Royer" <operati...@royell.net>
Sent: Monday, March 7, 2016 11:43am
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Installer Performance

The basic thought process is if you pay a technician by the job, they are
naturally going to work faster, this could have benefits but also negatives.
More installs done in a day may equate to more income for your company, but the
adverse is your quality of install may be negatively affected by the expedited
work of the technician.  So if someone is saying their installer does 5
installs in a day, is this an installer that’s paid by the job, doesn’t do
grounding, cuts corners, and only has to zip tie a radio to an elbow, or is
this a guy that’s paid hourly, does site testing, explains the install to the
customer, installs the radio on a pipe, on a tower, using hose clamps and heavy
duty brackets, then installs grounding, hooks up the customer’s router and
XBox, etc.  These two types of internet installs can be drastically different,
and essentially makes up two different business models in our industry.

Thank you,
Ben Royer, Operations Manager
Royell Communications, Inc.
217-965-3699 www.royell.net