From: "Steve Jones" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:41:56 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] new PacketFlux injectors

Cambium was at least open about the fact that with EPMP they used a lower
quality set of components to keep the costs down. Look at all the non public
communication with them regarding running these bastards in cold weather until
they finally came out and said "hey, we used cheap components to give you cheap
gear, 24 volts just wont cut it"

If they would take the same approach in dealing with consumer issues that the
two little guys referenced do, they would stomp UBNT back into the rat pit they
belong.

Its not that Cambium doesnt work with people, they absolutely do, but not until
theyre called out in public (still better than UBNT who requires you to be
insulted and abused by their garbage fanboys in the forum before they will
consider looking at your issue).

heres how the cold weather issues of EPMP would have gone down with either
packetflux or mctech

user1: my gear is losing gps sync when its cold
user2: i have an AP that I rebooted that wont come up (december 3)
Good vendor: thats odd, do you have some more detail
user 1 or 2: yeah, its freaking cold
good vendors: odd, that shouldnt happen, can we ship you some replacement gear
and you send us back the problematic units
user 1 or 2: um, its rather inconvienient, but i do have down customers, so yes
good vendors: cool beans
a lil while later
good vendors: hey public customer base, turns out we fucked up, heres what
happenned, heres a workaround, revision x will come out with a fix, if the
workaround isnt sufficient, let us know, we will square up.

same issue with ubnt

user1: my gear is losing gps sync when its cold
user2: i have an AP that I rebooted that wont come up (december 3)
ubnt: .......
ubnt:.......

user1: my gear is losing gps sync when its cold
user2: i have an AP that I rebooted that wont come up (december 3)
ubnt: .......
ubnt forum: jesus said to fuck off, ubnt is godly
users at forum: yeah but.. I have down customers
ubnt:....
ubnt forum: if you cant make the gear work then youre a douchebag and your kids
are goonie little tools, you suck, your family sucks, your town sucks.. you are
a loser
users at forum: well that escalated quickly
3 months later
ubnt" new FW, relase notes... fix to cold weather issue.... broke 73 other
things

same issue with cambium

user1: my gear is losing gps sync when its cold
user2: i have an AP that I rebooted that wont come up (december 3)
cambium: no its not
cambium in direct consumer communication: we see this issue, can you provide
the serial numbers or mac addresses
cambium public: no issue
two months later

user1: my gear is losing gps sync when its cold
user2: i have an AP that I rebooted that wont come up (december 3)
cambium: no its not
cambium in direct consumer communication: we found the root cause
cambium in public: no issue
2 months later
cambium: hew we fixed the issue... but it doesnt matter, here, look at our new
gear, its way better
cambium public release product release 2.0... better gooder greater..... (oh
yeah, product 1.0, we knew it failed in the cold, we kinda fixed it, but it
doesnt matter, we are on 2.0 now, so.. see that chair over there? the chair
with the issue on it? yeah, thats your chair, not my chair, not my problem)