>  I have not heard a *creative* new idea
> here that directly addresses and shows the power to solve even in part the
> problem of creating general intelligence.

To be quite frank, the most creative and original ideas inside the Novamente
design are quite technical.  I suspect you don't have the background to
understand
them.

However, I can see there's something else underlying your remarks: a sort of
"mystification" of the power of intelligence.  I think you'll be shocked
when the workings
of the brain are finally unveiled and what is revealed is that there are a
lot of cleverly
evolved modules carrying out various particular functions, wired together in
an architecture
designed to enable their synergy ... and some of them wired to observe and
improve
one another in virtuous cycles, using their particular recognition/learning
algorithms ...
but no magic trick, no super-secret "algorithm of thought" ...

In short, I think you'll look at the brain and say "hhmmpph, that's not very
creative"  ;-p

I think you are looking for an "essence of intelligence" that is just not
there.  The essence
is in the emergent phenomena that come about when a sufficiently rich set of
components
is wired together in a way allowing them to inter-adapt and inter-improve in
the context of
controlling an agent that needs to achieve complex goals in a complex
environment.  There is
no "magic trick of thought" at the center of it all, that is just waiting
for some Einstein of
Cognition to unveil it.

But you can keep waiting for this magic trick to be revealed, if you like,
while some of the rest
of us work on actually creating AGI on rational bases ... and more or less
gracefully
putting up with your continual complaints
that because we're not done yet, our approaches must obviously be worthless
;-)

-- Ben G