On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:55 PM Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 11:08 AM Aris Merchant
> <thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As it is, we
> > have defaults that are either often broken (1.0 AI) or terribly bad
> > practice and as likely as not to annoy everyone (empty title). Making
> them
> > mandatory helps everyone get it right, including new players.
>
> It's mainly Title not AI I'm objecting to - I don't find it "terribly
> bad practice" but a minor nuisance, which would be outweighed by the
> larger nuisance of the promotor rejecting a proposal due to the lack
> of a fairly informal and unessential parameter rather than just
> putting [untitled] in a field.

I strongly suspect that people would just read that it’s required and put
in the title. The one situation I can recall off the top of my head where
someone didn’t put in a title it was an established player doing it. It
just feels really incredibly weird to require AI and not require Title at
the same time; Title is so strongly customary and obvious that putting it
as a requirement didn’t seem likely to do any harm, and not requiring it
seemed more weird than anything else.

-Aris