On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Disconnect <dc.disconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Generally you have a method of fighting back (or at least
> investigating). And a contact somewhere. If I go to a broker and say

Good luck getting anyone to investigate the shoplifting of 50 cents worth of
bubblegum. I couldn't even get anyone to investigate the theft of my
bicycle... :)

'I have a product here, please sell it for me' it is not my fault if
> the broker takes a bad card - that is on them, and the worst I lose is
> one of my product.  This situation is almost identical, except the
> duplication cost of my product is near zero.

The difference is that such a broker makes a profit selling your goods,
whereas Google is not making a profit from app sales.
Hypothetically speaking, if you want Google to absorb these costs, you would
have to be willing to let Google make a profit on app sales, which means
receiving less than the 70% you're currently getting. In essence you'd be
buying insurance, from Google.

This, literally, says "hey, we screwed up and took a bad card. So
> we're charging you the fees. Sorry, we can't tell you anything about
> the card or help you do anything to prevent it happening again."

You don't know that this was about a bad (i.e. stolen) card. It could just
as well have been someone being petty and wanting their dollar back, even
though they waited too long to get a refund through regular means.