On 2007.08.31, Dave Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/31/07, Dossy Shiobara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Agreed.  How do other, successfull, open source projects--as well as
> > closed-source commercial projects--get documentation written?  Through
> > my own personal (anecdotal) experience, the lead engineers are not the
> > ones that do the majority of the documentation writing.
>
> Unfortunately for AOLserver 4.5 there isn't anyone else who CAN write
> the documentation. If the only way to know a new feature exists, and
> how to configure it is by reading C code, there aren't alot of
> non-engineers who can write that documentation.

Be careful--please note that I didn't say "non-engineers", I said "[not]
the lead engineers."  There are certainly technical writers out there
who are skilled in writing quality documentation who also have 15+ years
of programming experience.  I'm trying to reach out to one such
"technical communications" communities to see if there's any interest in
working on the AOLserver project.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/