I think that Susan has a point, and to make a more specific observation, the
de-emphasis of the AR System as a development platform, making BMC's defacto
focus on it just being a willing and able container for the ITSM/CMDB, has
led to less custom work going on these days.  This in turn leads to fewer
people able to talk about innovative things they're doing, because it's
increasingly out of the mainstream that it once would have been in the
middle of.  Not to say that there isn't custom work, it's just that privacy
concerns are probably keeping most govt. apps private, and most private
entities are going ITIL/ITSM these days, because that's all that BMC sells
to them.

Not necessarily blaming BMC for that, just saying that this is a foreseeable
byproduct of their product direction, exacerbated by the fact that many of
us are neck deep in trying to figure out what the **** BMC was thinking in
some of the feature decisions with ITSM.

Maybe THAT would be a good breakout - Gap analysis between ITSM
7.0.2delivered functionality and what customers are actually wanting
it to do,
both raising awareness for prospective customers and giving some ideas for
bridging those gaps for both future and present deployers of the apps.

Rick