Re: water to the thursty, recommend some ebooks, please.

Ahoy all

Thank you Phil,Magurp244 for the suggestions

I have just started with the passage by justin Cronin and can say this one's going  to be good
I have no Issues with how the author writes, in fact based on how well he writes I might pick up other books by him, but I'll hold off on doing that until after I have gone on with this one a little more to be sure.

All the characters are well done,and I can actually feel them as actual humans not your usual 2d characters so that's a point in its favor.
I am so far upto chapter 8 I believe and things are coming to ahead, that is they are moving to something significant,but will this significant event is the type that will drag upto the end of this book or will come off to something soon, I have yet to see.
All in all, quite good I'm just hoping something or the other doesn't put me off but that's highly unlikely at this point imo

Dragonlance books I have actually read before and they vary in terms of how good they are depending on who has written them.
I think I have had a look at almost all the books in the dragonlance world and read the ones I like although that's one series I could begin rereading as I haven't reread those and a few of them are good enough to reread.

Piers Anthony's Xanth series again I have read upto the 7th? or somewhere at that point, but after a while they felt a bit dull to me,although it might have been just that book or 2 in the series. but then again I don't usually hop around from 1 book to the other in a series that is skipping a few here and there I prefer to read in order or as much in chronological order as I can.

I have also read the RedWall books although not all of them, and while they were fun for like 1 or 2 books, they felt a bit too much of black and white to me.
In essence what dark said.
I think I also have jarvis's books with me, not sure, are they worth reading?

Coming back to Aztecs,
Thanks dark for clarifying that for me, I have no clue what makes me lump in the Aztecs with the american indians, and no the westens is not what I mean.
By american indian (although to be honest I only have a wague idea about them) I ment the different tribes of people that inhabited the american continent, something like the african tribes, with their own different culture and customs
I guess it might be something worth reading.

Speaking of Egypt, I have read books on rome from when it was made to its emperors, of the middle 900 to 1400s of Europe and England, I'm wondering if there are any books on Egypt that you guys would recommend?

I did not mean to write that Robin hobb's liveships series was filled with cliches, like you said Hobb's work rarely is, Its just the often times the book seem to focus too much on the romantic relations of characters rather than the plot. there were poi nts where I was just wishing that the book would just move on.
Its not like I'm allergic to anything having love or romance in it, but when it reaches a certain point I just tend to call it quits.
I.E the liveships was getting too much like those romance flics for me to stick with, I.E the main character and the one she loves having a misunderstanding, getting apart, all the angst  that goes along with it, obviously having read the fitz series I have a idea how they end up and so on.

In some cases I'm willing to stick with it, like I said for the books with fitz in it because the good things outweigh the parts that cause me to cringe, although to be honest I don't think the romance in any book containing fitz if it can be called as such is at all cringe worthy
mostly,anyway.

I have picked up the warlord series for further reading or a try for times when I'm done with passage or need a break for   other books smi
 le

Even though the passage is proving to be a excellent read so far, keep the suggestions coming if you can think of any, the more to read I have the happy I am big_smile

All the book releases I'm looking forward with anticipation to  are coming out either in October or November which is bloody awful since I have my uni exams coming up at that point sad
night school by lee child, the 10th book in the Saxon Chronicles, the assassins fate by robin hobb has been pushed forward to  march 2017!
And who the hell knows when winds of winter will be out,anyway.

grryf