Re: an accessible method to earn a little extra income

Ah, but do you know for sure that the other applicant was more qualified than you, or are you just sugarcoating it to soften the blow of not getting hired?

I'm sorry, but I find your sweeping generalizations and blanket statements to be distasteful. If you are arrogant enough to presume that 99% of businesses would hire a blind person, which you stated in a previous post, surely you thought you were qualified enough to ace that job interview, right?

But, even if we take that little tidbit off the table, several of the most recent posts to this topic have expressed the hurdles that blind job seekers face much more eloquently than I ever could have. And, as much as I would love it if companies would allow NVDA, or any open source software, on their networks, the reality is that it usually doesn't work that way. It's JAWS all the way, because that screen reader is what the government is most likely to fund. Also, there's a lot of fearmongering and distrust around the open source movement in general, which means that only trusted applications are often allowed on a company's network, even if other, less cumbersome, and less costly options exist.