SBGK wrote:
> and if the market is always right then the abx objectivists are
> increasingly like the loon shouting the world is going to end while the
> likes of jplay, regen, cable manufacturers etc walk away with the
> spoils.

Nah, I guess that is just a sign of how the whole "high-end" hobby has
become marginalized and left to the loons. Back in the 60's and even
70's, technology mattered, so people paid attention to it and at least
tried to understand it. Now nobody cares, as it isn't technology but
marketing that rules.

The only ones that care about ABX and objective criteria are the
faceless engineers in development labs of the companies that actually
produce the technology (as opposed to the "designers" who merely package
the technology).

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953