Archimago wrote:
> Doesn't this depend on who and where you ask? Do you think the market
> has actually spoken in favour of high-end snakeoil?
>
> Like Arny says, the actual penetration of the high end brands of cables
> and whatnot isn't all that significant. More pedestrian, moderately
> expensive though well advertised items like Monster Cables and Beats is
> where the financial sweet spot likely lies. JPlay/JCat, Uptone Regen,
> "high end" cable companies gets their portion though I'm not sure what
> "spoils" implies in terms of actual monetary reward.
>
> No, I don't think objectivists are the loons shouting about the end of
> the world (remember, "end of the world" isn't generally part of the
> scientific world view unless we're talking death of the sun,
> serendipitous asteroid/comet collisions, environmental catastrophes, or
> nuclear armageddon).
>
> We're the guys passing the psychic store selling mystical amulets on the
> way to work and on occasion, the bravest of us would get into an
> argument but ultimately carrying on with our lives. The psychic store
> continues to sell their wares and more outspoken faithful believers will
> patronize.
>
> BTW: Remember this poll from Steve Hoffman forum on upgraded USB cables
> and better sound:
> http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2015/04/perspective-poll-upgraded-usb-and-sound.html
>
> >72% didn't think it makes a difference. And I consider those guys
> reasonably balanced as far as audio fanatics go...

It seems that the digital sq is improved by those working on the
margins, so upscale inc and jplay are important to those seeking an
improved sound.

Still think you must be measuring the wrong things to arrive at some of
your findings. Will be interesting when you tell the 1500 plus regen
users that, according to your measurements, what they are hearing is all
in their head.

Touch optimisations http://touchsgotrythm.blogspot.co.uk/