Not responding to any particular poster; I just want to ask that we not get into another prolonged discussion of the merits of getting BBEdit from the App Store vs. directly from Barebones. I'm SO bored with this topic; it really reduces the signal-to-noise ratio of this list, IMHO.

The App Store serves some people well, and direct purchase from Barebones serves others well; obviously Barebones is happy with both.

Some people frequently need authenticated saving and use of the BBE CLI tools, others rarely or never. Barebones provides a generous solution if you bought from the App Store and only then discovered that you need these capabilities.

I also suspect that Apple might entertain a refund if asked; they've done such things for me in other situations, such as accidental re-purchase of OS X Lion.

Can we just accept differences and let it be?

Thanks.

   - Bruce

_bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz_ca_