Dear members of the BBB community,

I flashed the linux disk image (which I downloaded as .img.xz and extracted
using 7zip to .img) to a microSD card of SanDisk 16GB Class 4, using Win32
Disk Imager.

After flashing the image, I got the following partitions in the uSD (which
I checked using Windows 8.1 Disk Management Utility)
1. 128 MB FAT Healthy Primary Partition
2. 6.71 GB Linux Partition - Healthy Primary Partition
3. 8.00 GB Unallocated

I inserted the uSD to the powered off BBB, and then after pressing the S2
button, powered the BBB using USB power from my PC.
Even after several minutes (prob. 5 mins), of holding the S2 button, the
only LED glowing was PWR LED.
None of the USER LEDS were glowing.

I removed the uSD card and powered the BBB again (without holding the S2
button) and everything ran fine.

Please help me run the linux image on the BBB.

Thank you,
Viswadeep

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/05a185eb-bd9f-4bab-a0aa-f5886d952197%40googlegroups.com.