On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 21:19:49 -0700 (PDT), Viswadeep Sarangi
> <deepun.d...@gmail.com> declaimed the
> following:
>

>         {I was running late getting to work and missed this part}
>
> >The contents of the FAT partition include :
> >- a "dtbs" directory, which contains a lot of .dtb files
> >- uEnv.txt
> >- zImage file
> >

>         If the card isn't booting off the SD card, you might have to
> examine
> that uEnv.txt file for things that may be erroneous, since (as I understand
> things) it defines some of the stuff used by u-Boot to get to the rest of
> the OS.

At minimum:

$ cat /boot/uEnv.txt | grep uname
uname_r=4.4.14-ti-r34

This is needed in order to find. . . I forget off the top of my head, but
for instance, it refers to the kernel version you wish to run. So without
this set, the default 1st stage uEnv.txt file wont know where to look for
the kernel, and probably the board file device tree overlay.

This is really easy to check on a Linux system, but would require
*something* in order for Windows to read ext4 file systems.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrqvx7uNMQobm_y-FSD3hRZpwVFE9tz2jsqpixweAk-EA%40mail.gmail.com.