i'll clarify what i am looking for.

The newest images available that everything says to update to, doesn't
appear to export the pins to the /ocp directory. As such, even the example
code supplied doesn't work. config-pin doesn't work because it looks in the
/ocr directory for *pinmux folders so it can do things. these don't exist
in the 9.x versions. all of the information on making capes refers to a
device tree/cape-manager that doesn't appear to exist as a result of
updates going down the line. i've tried various overlays loading them, and
yet, nothing appears in the /ocr directory. using the
RoboticsCape-00A0.dtbo as an overlay actually breaks the OS and makes it
unable to load at all. it literally get's stuck with all 4 of the user
lights being stuck on.

Since adafruit_bbio, libroboticscape rcpy etc all rely on them to be there,
and since they aren't, nothing works with the updated images. i've google
searched my eyes out, and all of the guides, information, etc, all appear
to be non-functional due to kernel upgrades and changes in how everything
is handled with regards to capes, slots, and overlays. I am hoping for a
solution that would allow me to use the fixes in code or updated python
libraries i'm more comfortable with than having to look instead to learning
to write in another programming language and then rewriting/correcting the
issues with the existing example code to simply make it work.

This isn't meant to be a slight to anyone, as i appreciate the project and
the authors. I'm just frustrated to find that for the most part, this board
feels like it's been left left in the dust as the rest of the beaglebone
product line moves forward despite it's amazing capabilities. Given it's a
Black with the capabilties of the robotics cape integrated into it, I
figured it would have been easier than this. As i said before, that may be
my fault for expecting the ease of use i've come to know with the Raspberry
Pi and similiar other single board computers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1addc958-f3a8-4f17-9a31-fabaa96df91d%40googlegroups.com.