therein lies part of the issue. There isn't an overlay for the board itself
from what i can tell. none of the overlay's indicate they are for
beaglebone blue by name itself, and none of them list "ti,beaglebone-blue"
as compatible. the closest would be the roboticscape-00a0, except loading
that actually stops the board from booting period.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/cf78a63c-023f-44ec-8192-6c05f4c05948%40googlegroups.com.