On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Drew Viersen <96a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last one that fully worked is
>
> 4.4.52-ti-r91.
>
> but it only worked with RCPY and the default Libroboticscape C library.

Thanks! I'll start with that version and get it working on the main
v4.4.x tree again.

> Not to rehash our previous conversations, but none of the versions including
> this version fully works with Adafruit bbio because it relies on config-pin
> to call pinsetting, and that's hardcoded for the nomenclature of "Px_x" in
> the /sys/devices/platform/ocp directory. While the overlay does bring a few
> of them out(P9_11, P9_21-31) that can be used, config-pin can't handle the
> "special"  ones like C18, D13, H17-18, J15, or U16 because of the special
> nomenclature. Nothing anyone can do here with those. Add to that overlays
> were disabled for the blue due to the libroboticscape handling assignments,
> which hasn't been updated to 0.4.0 yet so all of the other pins can't be
> addressed. DTB-rebuilder is an option, but I don't feel safe playing with
> it.

Let's work with Drew on that, (he's the maintainer of the python library)..

Do we have a list of which pins are we are trying to access thru that library?

(it annoys we chose the P8/P9 syntax for the blue)

If you look at the python the library, the PocketBeagle turned out much cleaner.

I'd really like to just re-do the blue pin labels...

> The prevailing concern for me and the the others who private messaged me
> asking if this was ever solved, is the ability to use python and the newer
> kernels. The websites still state the first thing that should be done is to
> update the kernels, and all of the newer kernels state compatibility for the
> blue. It's the first thing we do. again, not much you can do about the
> python situation. It's just Python unfriendly/incomplete.

Lack of testing really broke things.  Personally i was just running
rc_balance and assumed that was enough to verify things worked.

Being swamped at day job hasn't helped either.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYj_4QAb9CUPimSiVrKQqxvhuZmfpHEHRn33%2BfvLeLhknw%40mail.gmail.com.