Well half of that is old now.

I do have an ftp client but I don't need to access it.

Like the old news groups of yesteryear most of this stuff may still exist but just like bbs systems they are rarely if ever used.

Most things are via the web and web interface which is whateveryone uses.

As for listserves with google groups, facebook groups, groups.io and other cloud interface nets list serves at least the traditional ones aren't that advantageous.

You'd have to exist in the early 90s to get online.

As I started in 1996 I did do ndws groups, ftps and list serves and yes muds and some bbss units but.

But most of that doesn't apply now.

Even now unless you have a website the closest I get to ftp is ftp over https in fact all the modern brousers don't allow non https or ftp or aanything not secure so yeah.

I used to fileshare and hack with huge massive ftp servers mostly at home downloading loads of created and legal/alegal content.

But with all the new rules, traffic use, etc pluss the rust string incident and victom incidents on the blindness community, not to mention blind extra most of that is gone.

Even the traditional servers that run don't exist and for those that do not for standard users.

99.9% of my work is via https, web, non https, cloud server or something like that on windows.

I don't have have no plans to but I guess if you really move down you can access even darknet.

But then I really don't go beyond my small group of serfice internet at all.

And I don't much mind.

There was a time before covid when I was in my 20s, and yunger, a fighter of the system, I even was a small time music and software pirate but that was before.

There is almost no need especially with subscription services, artest created tracks opensource and a host of other things to engage in the battles of my youth.

Now its not all dead if you want to fight but the net caught up with the fight and I don't care for that sort of battle anymore.

It was fun and I enjoyed it but I have no need now and am pritty much retired.

I was never a serious player anyway.

Anyway there are people that still do this on secure systems in fact if you look at some of their faqs on the fight you really need to have different systems and things to fight now its not a yung dabbling universe.

If you don't then yeah down below someone can just get you.

Others can fight as far as I care now.