Thanks Michael

what a coincidence, I have one of those on order from eBay already as
I am building a sous-vide cooker for home using it :-)

The one they gave me however is a 90-240AC input voltage, so I am
assuming that they connected it to the PID instead of the element
connection somehow. Just not sure exactly how to do it and don't want
to blow things up messing with the 220V if I don't know what I am
doing.

JohnB