Agreed.

=====================

However, this is an excellent reason for striking sooner rather than later.
Since SH *will* (try[1]) to use WOMD if in immenent danger of death or of
loss of power we want him to have as few capabilities as possible.

The WOMD arguments comming out of London and Washington are clearly rhetorical
excuses for public consumption; they can hardly be sufficient reason for
exercising a military option at this time.

The better reason is that sanctions against Iraq harm the USA.  If we continue
the sanctions Iraqi babies die for the duration of the sanctions.  If we go
to war Iraqi babies will only die for the duration of the war until the
arrival of post-war relief supplies.

Note that most Arab-Americans and Arabs are against this neo-Colonial,
bullying war against Iraq.  There is one exception, and those are the Iraqi
expatriates who seem mostly enthusiastic about a US invasion of Iraq.

A US war with Iraq will not make things worse for the Iraqi people.  This is
because things can't get any worse for the Iraqi people.

However, a Western invasion of Iraq is bad for the Arab world as a whole
precisely because it will enhance Western influence in the region because the
post-invasion regieme will be a burgeois, quasi-democratic, neo-colonial
government friendly to the West.

It will be an unprecidented set back to 200 years of anti-colonial struggle
and well over 50 years of decolonialization.