>Plus who else does the world turn to when there is real trouble?
>Kevin T.

I agree completely, which is why our Pax Americana authority is
valuable, PRECIOUS!  Not to be squandered.

When we use it right, our position rises and allies gain willingness
to follow us.  When we squander this authority, pushing allies
around, browbeating them and ignoring their concerns, ignoring the
fact that they are telling us we sound trigger happy and loopy, that
is HARMFUL to America and harmful to our ability to lead.

You cite Kosovo and the Balkans.  A vastly harder problem than
Afghanistan and Iraq combined, and far more important.  Yet does
anybody give Clinton credit for the long slow hard process of pushing
pushing pushing the Europeans and slavs and albanians etc till they
made peace?

Our actions there were true leadership and the result is a Europe at
peace for the 1st time since Neanderthals saw strange guys coming
over the horizon with great big chins under their mouths.

Dig it again, folks.  The Brits have come aboard, but read their
press.  Even THEY don't want this dogwag spasm.  And when the brits
don't want a war, something is very very bad about the plan.