On 1 Mar 2003 at 18:58, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> > > or
> > > >

> > > I'm in favour of shooting people who have unliscenced guns in the
> > > knee with them. *shrugs*
> > >
> > > You'll get no sympthy from me for posessing unliscenced lethal
> > > weapons.
> > >
> > > Andy
> > > Dawn Falcon
>

> At 09:50 AM 3/2/03 +0900, G. D. Akin wrote:
> >So license the gun and fine the guy.
> >
> >What was the other SOB doing in his house?????
>

> That, my friends, is the real issue here.
>
> Had he been an honest person minding his own legitimate business,
> rather than a criminal breaking into someone else's residence, not
> only would he not have gotten shot, but no one would know or care
> whether the homeowner had a weapon, licensed or unlicensed.

There are two TOTALLY separate issues here.

One, there's a criminal who broke and entered, and thus must be
punished for such.

Two, there's a criminal who owned and fired a unliscenced gun, and
thus must be punished for such.

Simple.

This isn't an issue about "home defence" or similar. The Judge has a
DUTY to stop that sort of evidence being introduced. See "The trial
of Dr. Death".

Andy
Dawn Falcon