Robert Seeberger wrote:

> Contrary to the rumors circling the globe, US citizens dont run around
> waving their guns in the air or shooting beer bottles off handy fence rails.
> People are much more discrete than that. (And I'm in Texas in case you dont
> recall) To see Americans shooting guns you pretty much have to go to a
> shooting range.

Certainly not in the cities.

I have a friend whose uncle has a ranch near San Angelo.  This friend
learned to shoot by hanging out with his cousins and shooting cans off
boxes.

But, I know a number of people who have guns, and he's the only one who's
indicated he ever does shooting that way.  Usually, if he wants to practice
shooting, he goes to a range.  (There's at least one on 1825 in
Pflugerville, which isn't too far from where he lives.)

So, accurate on the "pretty much".  :)  There are the occasional yahoo
redneck exceptions, but they tend to keep it out in the country, where no
one else is going to get hit.

        Julia