----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Crystall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 1:30 AM
Subject: Re: Brooklyn Dad Facing Jail for Shooting Intruder

> Gary L. Nunn wrote: > > > >My opinion: I am a bit torn on this one. I am absolutely in favor > or > >self defense, especially in the home, but he did have an unlicensed > >gun in New York. But I am annoyed that the burglar was let go on > >probation (the first time) and now the dad is facing jail time for > >self defense. Hmmmm. > > > > I'm in favour of shooting people who have unliscenced guns in the > knee with them. *shrugs* > > You'll get no sympthy from me for posessing unliscenced lethal > weapons. > > Andy > Dawn Falcon

At 09:50 AM 3/2/03 +0900, G. D. Akin wrote:
So license the gun and fine the guy.

What was the other SOB doing in his house?????

That, my friends, is the real issue here.

Had he been an honest person minding his own legitimate business, rather than a criminal breaking into someone else's residence, not only would he not have gotten shot, but no one would know or care whether the homeowner had a weapon, licensed or unlicensed.

-- Ronn! :)

Almighty Ruler of the all,
Whose Power extends to great and small,
Who guides the stars with steadfast law,
Whose least creation fills with awe,
O grant thy mercy and thy grace,
To those who venture into space.

(Robert A. Heinlein's added verse to the Navy Hymn)