-------Original Message-------
From: Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"If it's no-hitters you want, Ryan is better."

I'll admit that I don't know more than the first thing about Sandy Kofax, but I feel
compelled to point out that the above argument is specious - in my eyes, anyways.  If
arguing that Pitcher X is "the best pitcher of all-time", it is possible to argue that
"the best pitcher of all-time" was the most well-rounded pitcher of all-time.  As
such, it is conceivable that this "best well-rounded pitcher of all-time" may not be
the "top pitcher" in most categories, or even all categories.   For example, a pitcher
that was 2nd or 3rd in every metric of analysis might arguably be "the best pitcher of
all-time."

Thus, the mere fact that Sandy Kofax isn't tops in strikeouts - (and the fact that you
didn't really follow that up with other signgle-measures of greatness) tells me
nothing about whether or not Kofax merits the title of "greatest pitcher of all-time."

JDG