Take the cigarette factor out of it... put in an addiction factor as 
opposed to a physical item such as a cigarette or tobacco in general. 
 That was more the line of my question.

Hatton

Larry C. Lyons wrote:

>>On the issue of the biological nature of homosexuality as opposed to the
>>choice of smoking, from what I understood there was a biological factor
>>that would predict a tendency for homosexual preference but not a
>>guarantee.  The same can be said for people (such as myself) that have
>>addictive personalities and family history of addictive habits.
>> Alcoholism runs in my family, as does compulsive eating and the
>>tendency to "overdo" things.  I smoked for 7 years and quit in 2001.  I
>>wonder if the research has been done in the same vein for smokers and a
>>biological link?
>>
>>Hatton
>>    
>>
>
>Unfortunately smoking is so inextricably tied up with environmental 
>factors I think it would be almost impossible to tease out hereditary 
>factors. Some studies have suggested that if your parents smoke you 
>are 75% more likely to smoke than if only one parent smoked or 
>neither parent. When I did a quick medline check, most of the studies 
>that turned up looked at genetic factors involved in lung cancer, and 
>included cigarette smoking as a control factor.
>
>Besides smoking has not been around long enough to have a genetic 
>basis. Remember that cigarettes only became popular in the 1920's or 
>so.
>
>larry
>
>  
>


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=5
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=5
Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm

                                Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
                                

Reply via email to