>If Homosexuality is genetic...how can such a thing as 'ex-homosexuals' >occur?
Chances are they were bi or the reporting was very inadequate. As a grad student I did a meta-analysis of all published "conversion" studies. I searched the Psychological Abstracts going back 30 years looking for any mention of successful "reparative" treatments. If it has been published, it wasn't in a scientific journal. I also looked at other therapies. There were many uncontrolled case studies and very few objective controlled-outcome experiments. Most of the research was over a decade old, typically published in the 1970's. An analysis of this literature base produced some telling results. The research reviews and the outcome studies are almost unanimous in their conclusion that attempts to change gender orientation doesn't work most of the time. Some case reports and anecdotal evidence suggest that therapy may work if the individual is bisexual. Controlled outcome studies which used followup procedures suggest that where a "cure" is supposedly effected, it was either short lived, or else merely conditions the person against any sexual arousal, either homosexual or heterosexual. So much for a "cure" - there simply isn't one. The research team I was with also tried to contact the various Christian groups who advertised such cures. They refused to provide any data. > >After 4 decades of documented studies, has it not been suggested if not >proved that it is a product of psychological factors >and a free will response, with physiology playing a minor role if at >all? Nope. the evidence is overwhelming that it is almost entirely biologically based. now how it is expressed it a different case. > >Have there been conclusive "gene" causative studies about homosexuality? >How has the issue of twins factored in if the answer to the above is >affirmative? Yes. I found 8 specific studies that specifically mentioned those terms. I used twin studies AND homosexuality AND genetics. larry -- Larry C. Lyons ======================================================== Life is Complex. It has both real and imaginary parts. ======================================================== Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is done. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=5 Structure your ColdFusion code with Fusebox. Get the official book at http://www.fusionauthority.com/bkinfo.cfm Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
