(I said find and replace about Macromedia because they're the ones who
released CFMX 6, 6.1, and 7...)

The guy is trying to use ImageCFC on a shared server at hostway.  I'd be
stunned if it was CF 5 or earlier.

now... to Rick Faircloth...

You're insane.  Programming languages aren't about user interfaces - that's
what HTML and Flash are for.  Programming languages are about how you
program.  I don't use Flash Forms, and though I do use CFREPORT and
CFDOCUMENT some, there's very little else in Coldfusion that helps me do UI
stuff.  That's all HTML and javascript.

The problem with your point of view is that you aren't able to take
advantage of the CODING features that make our lives as programmers easier.
One of those things is CFCs.  UDFs.  XML capabilities.

I had a phone conversation with some folks about a part time job telecommute
opportunity about a week ago that showed up on cf-jobs.  I was told
initially that their software was compatible with CF 4.5 - CF7.  Apparently,
they don't use *ANY* functionality not available in CF 4.5 - no UDFs, no
CFCs, nothing like that.  He even said 95% of their clients are running on
CFMX 6.1 or 7.

I essentially told them that I had no problem maintaining existing 4.5 code,
but if I was going to be asked to build new modules and new functionality,
that I would absolutely want to do that using the modern conveniences of the
CFML language, not the antiquated methods of 1998.

I don't need extra money so much that I'm going to go back 7 years, because
I'm just not interested in coding like that anymore.

It's just plain foolish.

At any rate, I haven't heard back from them after I explained my position.
That's fine with me.  I hope they find someone willing to do that kind of
work.

Rick