Well, it is my goal :) not there yet...> Subject: Re: SQL injection attack on
House of Fusion> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: cf-talk@houseoffusion.com> Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:59:26 -0500> > >is <cfqueryparam> something a lot of
programmers really use?> > > Only the good ones. ;)> > > Thanks,> > Eric> >
David Moore, Jr. wrote:> > When you say "Update Your Code", are you saying
using <cfqueryparam>? But even so, the SQL injection still will use up
countless resources instead of cutting it off early. So, go back and fix
1,000's of lines of code I have developed over the last 'upteen' years or stop
it before it starts? Is this something new to CF8 or just a necessary evil
because of SQL Injection Attacks. > > > > Not trying to pick a fight, becuase I
am sure you have forgotten more code than I will ever know (seriously) and I am
probably just being lazy (seriously), but is <cfqueryparam> something a lot of
programmers really use? I have never seen <cfqueryparam> used on any tags I
have purchased or exchanged and I am afraid all I know is what I have learned
from books and forums. This is the first I have ever heard of using
<cfqueryparam>.> > > > ~David G. Moore, Jr.> Subject: Re: SQL injection attack
on House of Fusion> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:01:42 -0400> > > I am currently using the SQLprev.cfm
from Jochem to stop the onslaught of superfluous bandwidth suckage from my
server, but was wondering what the difference would be with this one. I am not
looking to start a "my SQL Injection blocker is better than yours", yet trying
to educate myself on just what is going on and what is best to do. > > My
original SQLprev script (http://www.gravityfree.com/_sqlprev.cfm.txt) > just
checks for basic SQL keywords with a semicolon in URL variables. > It's a quick
and dirty way to give you some protection from bots > short-term while your
code base is updated to use best practices and > secure coding methods. Mary
Jo's is more thorough in that it checks > additional variable scopes, and can
help protect better against > hand-drafted attacks, but may have a higher p>
otential for false > positives (though it's improved recently from what I can
tell).> > SQLPrev has a version compatible with CF5 for those who need it where
> the other script relies on CFMX functions to run. I'm not saying one is >
better than the other, they both get the job done. Just use whatever > works
best for you, and update your code so that you don't need either > of them
<g>.> > > -Justin Scott> > > > > > > > > >