Don't feel bad, David.   I am a freelance CF programmer.  I spend most
of my time working on bug fixes or feature enhancements on code
written by others.    And the vast majority of files I work on have no
<cfqueryparam.

Most of the code I work on really needs re-writing from scratch it's
so poorly written.   At least in my experience, very few CF
programmers use <cfqueryparam.   It's quite frightening really.    Not
only is the code vulnerable to attack, it's slow, inefficent, and
often just plain wrong.

I'd say one fo the best things you have ever done as a CF programmer
is join this list and pay attention to the things clever folks like
Dave Watts have to say.    Rare is the day when I dont learn something
useful on this list.

--
Cheers
Mike Kear