On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Mike Kear <afpwebwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had an Adobe guy tell me a while back "we're in the
> IDE and Development Tool business  not the server business.  I dont
> know why we have ColdFusion at all."    That was a bit disquieting at
> the time, and I wonder . what if that feeling was widespread in Adobe?

Adobe has had a ton of server side technology for years before it
acquired Macromedia so I'd say the guy was just not well-informed
about his own company and their products. Several of its desktop
products rely on server components. ColdFusion joined a number of
existing - and often much more expensive - server technologies at
Adobe.

If anyone wants to point at a company in ColdFusion's history that
didn't understand server side stuff, that would be Macromedia who
tried and failed with several server products. Luckily ColdFusion
survived and has been doing much better since Adobe took over.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies US -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret At