It's absurdly difficult to write a good "first-contact" text for J without
reference to a single accepted source of definitions like: platform,
program, app, script, variable, constant, function, array, string,
character, number …

Is there an ISO standard for common programmer terms (in English)?

If the answer is: legion (…my first impression) – then is there one that
stands out for you?

I have an operational need for a weblink to a good clear published free
authoritative text. To avoid cluttering this thread, please don't offer
your own definitions of the above terms here (although of course I'd be
frightfully interested to hear them one day.)