Eh... for me that was the J Dictionary, the J Concrete Math book and
the J Source book. But that was for me...

(Also, before that, I'd gotten quite a lot out of the Gilman and Rose
book on APL (it had a red cover though - and when I search for it, I
find a different version with a green cover - I do not know how
significant the version differences are)).

But also, I've learned long ago that other people tend to be different from me.

So I'm not sure this helps you,

--
Raul