Thanks, Joe.

I have Introductions to J coming out my ears. And before that,
Introductions to APL. IMFFHO they all miss the boat.
I think at long last I can now write one which touches the button for a
bona fide J know-nothing.

Arrogance? Not a bit of it. I've simply looked at what other (more
popular/successful) language systems do.

In a nutshell – what we don't.

IF you have a treatment to-hand which you read when you genuinely knew
nothing about J
ANDIF it motivated you to invest your scarce time in engaging with the
language
THEN I'd like to see it.
ELSE.
* * * * *
This doesn't look good as I re-read it, I have to admit. But I'm too old to
be polite if it means not being honest.