Ah, I see. I thought to mention just in case the typical programmer domain
vocabulary could be avoided or replaced with more J-like terms, which seems
to intentionally have chosen simpler, more recognizable terms.  I presumed
you were familiar with some of the existing material but I find it useful
to refresh my memory on what's out there when starting something new.

I'm curious, are you writing a "first-contact" text for J? I have read
through several Introduction to J type blog posts or essays over the years
that I can pass along if you're interested. There may be something to lift
or compare to style-wise.