I went back and looked at some of the existing material

This seems to be a good list of definitions with examples:
http://www.jsoftware.com/help/primer/contents.htm

This text seems devoid of too many terms:
http://www.jsoftware.com/books/pdf/easyj.pdf

Of course, I'm not reading these with "beginner eyes" so both may still
need to be unpacked more