Replies to this message are sent to The Chevelle Mailing List
------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Brian,

I also checked out the M&H website.  I gave them a call and asked why they
were so much more money.  The salesman said that Ron Francis Wire Works and
Painless are great kits if you're building a streetrod or a race car.  If
you're trying to replace an original stock harness and want to keep it
looking original, the kits from M&H are the way to go.  First off, (I wasn't
aware of this) you need to have your original harness if you use one of the
other two because they don't include plugs or connectors.  They send you a
fuse block (Wire Works uses an custom made/doesn't fit anything fuse block,
Painless uses a newer style from late model Vettes and trucks that doesn't
quite fit) and a bundle of wires that you have to splice and terminate to
fit what you're building.

The harness from M&H is a stock replacement for your year vehicle.  As you
saw on the web page, they will modify it for an HEI, a CS alternator, etc.,
otherwise it looks original.  The best part (I think) is when it's all done,
you can use a factory wiring schematic for troubleshooting if need be.

I think I'm going to go with the harness from M&H even though it costs a lot
more than the others.  I don't mind doing electric work on my car, but I
really don't want to waste $400 and end up with a mess.

cYa-

Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino
ACES #3509
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/herbsworld/index.htm



>
> Thanks for all the input! Now I guess I have modified the question based
off
> the responses I have received. I went to the M&H web site and looked at
the
> harnesses and the prices. From what I can gather just from the main
> harnesses that I will need.
> Back up switch
> Dash Harness
> Engine Harness
> Forward Lamp Harness
> Rear Lamp Harness
> It will cost about $800. The Painless Universal harness is about $275. Are
> the M&H that much better to warrant the price difference? I don't have a
> problem spending the money if they are "worth it". Looking for some
opinions
> here, Thanks!
>
> Brian



-----------------------------------------------------
To Unsubscribe please visit www.chevelles.net/list.html
To start a new topic, send mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to