2 root/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The output from "cifs-chkcfg":

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/Desktop# ./cifs-chkcfg
svcs: Pattern 'samba' doesn't match any instances

Incidentally, I ran "svcadm clear smb/server", and the service now appears to
be in a running state.

I added a single idmap rule-line:

"idmap add 'wingroup:[EMAIL PROTECTED]' 'unixuser:victorh;"

and then tried accessing the share directly from the Windows 2008 DC. Under
"Administrator", it seemed to let me access the share directly, without having
to type in any credentials? And another normal domain user was able to as well,
which is strange, right?

Well, I'm happy it works and is accessible =), but I think I may have
misconfigured something here?

I just set up Folder Redirection pointing directly to that computer
(\\192.168.1.107\rpool_test - bad, I know, but I'm just trying to make sure
this works for now), and it seems to be working, at least for Administrator,
but I'd like to know the recommended practice for setting up this up? And I
suppose I need to get idmap working properly, now, and figure out

Cheers,
Victor