Thanks for the requested info.  The output from "klist -k" indicates
that the keys for the host principal are setup properly by smbadm join
CLI.  Thus, idmapd should have been able to contact the AD using the
host credentials.  Based on the output from "cifs-chkcfg", your domain
configuration looks good.

Natalie