Natalie,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did initially attach the actual cifs-gendiag script accidentally, but I
thought I had replaced it with the correct gendiag.output within a minute or
so? (Of course, you might have been quick enough to see it before I fixed
it...lol).

The time-of-day chip unresponsive message I have seen before, I assumed it was
something about VMWare and OpenSolaris (I'm running this under VMWare ESX 3.5).

The brokenedness of the system is a bit worrying, it is (or was meant to be a
fairly clean install), the only major changes after the install being trying to
join the domain, and upgrading to the latest image a few days ago. However,
either the update or I may have inadvertedly broken something, I might try a
fresh install again, and give it another shot - this is off-topic, but is there
any word on when there will be another osol-2008.11 ISO out? (I have b99).

Cheers,
Victor