You can write to it with tftp config location. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_examp le09186a0080094aa6.shtml#copying_startup
It appears you can only do this to the startup, so it will still need to be reloaded at some point. David -- http://dcp.dcptech.com > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike > Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:40 PM > To: 'Cisco-nsp' > Subject: [c-nsp] Regain CLI access with snmp sets? > > Hello, > > I am sure this can be done and am calling on my fellows to help > light > the way! > > I have a cisco 2970 switch newly installed in a remote, > inaccessible > location that presently lacks OOB serial access. Due to a config error, > I cannot telnet into the unit due to missing config elements: > > Escape character is '^]'. > > > Password required, but none set > Connection closed by foreign host. > > > I do have, however, a writable snmp community string. So I am > wondering > if it would be possible to update the running config using snmp in > order > to give me telnet access to this unit? It would beat a trip back out > there and would serve my cisco education well too. So how about it, any > takers? > > Mike- > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
