Ok, I got the same errors from Synaptics upon trying to install a
completely unrelated program:

E: clamav-base: subprocess installed post-installation script returned
error exit status 1
E: clamav-freshclam: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: clamav: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: clamtk: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Upon rebooting, I tried to reinstall ClamAv, freshclam, clambase, and
clamtk through Synaptics:

Attempt to reinstall freshclam, clambase, and clamtk:

E: Internal Error, No file name for clamav-base:amd64
E: Internal Error, No file name for clamav-freshclam:amd64
E: Internal Error, No file name for clamav:amd64

I'm sure there was an error for clamtk as well, but I don't see it in my notes.

ClamAV still seems to work on demand from the command line. And ClamTK
seems to work as well. But I doubt the database is updating, and these
persistent errors are a problem.

Any insight?

Thanks!