I've done both sickens and epiphanies on two different boats.  Other than the
time between coats, I dont see the the benefit to sickens.  It seemed softer
and less deep a finish than the varnish.  As far as upkeep, a couple of coats a
year on either product seems a wash.  I'd  go with the varnish myself.
Although,  I didn't do this on the new handrails on my last boat,  I think I
might coat new wood with epoxy first then 7 or 8 coats of epiphanies.  I did
that on the new hatch boards of my last boat and was pleasantly surprised with
the results!  I made them out of some marine plywood I had left over from a
project on a previous boat and I got a lot of compliments on those hatch
boards!   Lol
Danny
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: RANDY via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 2/28/17  2:53 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: cnc-list
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: RANDY <randy.staff...@comcast.net> Subject:
Stus-List Exterior Teak Varnish Recommendation?
Listers-
Grenadine's new exterior handrails are ready for finish and installation.
Wanted to see if any of you have a preferred varnish for exterior teak.  I'm
looking for a clear varnish with UV protection.
Cheers,Randy