Putting anything on top of Cetol sort of defeats its main advantage. Cetol breathes, which is beneficial to the wood, and maintenance is easy because a quick scrub with plain water and a 3M kitchen scrubby is all the prep work usually required to add a fresh coat or two when needed. The slight softness is a PLUS. If you top coat it, you lose all of that.and may as well just do labor intensive varnish without the Cetol.

Bill Bina