Just curious, why would you want to do 5 coats of Cetol followed by 3 coats
of Cetol Gloss?

The instructions on the can recommend 3 coats followed by 1 gloss, or 2
gloss if 1 gloss isn't satisfactory. But 8 coats is something I've only
ever heard of for varnish, and the lower # of coats required with Cetol is
one of its primary advantages.

4 coats on handrails last year took me quite a while, so I can't imagine
wanting to do 8!

-Patrick