Because Dennis said so, in his post yesterday :)

Cheers,
Randy

----- Original Message -----

From: "Patrick Davin via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>, "andy stafford"
<andy.staff...@comcast.net>
Cc: "Patrick Davin" <jda...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:17:35 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Exterior Teak Varnish Recommendation?

Just curious, why would you want to do 5 coats of Cetol followed by 3 coats of
Cetol Gloss?

The instructions on the can recommend 3 coats followed by 1 gloss, or 2 gloss
if 1 gloss isn't satisfactory. But 8 coats is something I've only ever heard of
for varnish, and the lower # of coats required with Cetol is one of its primary
advantages.

4 coats on handrails last year took me quite a while, so I can't imagine
wanting to do 8!

-Patrick