19.07.2019 16:49, Sebastian Harl пишет:
Hi,

I understand the frustration here but I'd like to remind you that many
of us are working on collectd in their "spare time" and life can get
into the way of that. That's what this proposal is intended to address.

I want to remind YOU that many of us working on Collectd in ours _spare time_,
and Team SHOULD do all possible to facilitate the work of people.

But I see the opposite.

https://github.com/collectd/collectd/issues/2958#issuecomment-464988065

There is no changes in "policy" for 5 months.
There is no feedback.

Maintainer is ignored. Maintainer is unable to merge own changes.

If you ignore your maintainers, you will not found support from community and project will dead.

There is no plan to fork the project

What would be strange to hear about fork plans from person with email in @collectd.org domain.
From person of Team who implement destroying changes.

but to improve how it operates so
that it scales to the community of today. There may have been missteps
(like the codeowner change) but those were done with the best intentions
to address this exact issue and I'm confident that hurdles can be
resolved (and they may already be resolved in that specific case).

There is russian proverb: "the road to hell is paved with good intentions",
originally english "Hell is full of good meaning and wishings".

Again: There is no changes in "policy" for 5 months.

Great improvement: forbid to _maintainer_ / active developer merge his changes.

This is your thanks?

This proposal was not done in isolation. It's a collaboration between
the three involved people (from different parts of the community) and
with input from Florian as well. We would like to learn what the larger
community thinks about it, so if you have feedback, please let us know
on the document or via email if you prefer that. We have a plan for how
to implement it but first we need to find consensus on *what* to
actually implement. We cannot change the past but we can improve the
future.
IF you implement one change per half-year.....
IF you (will) answer to feedbacks, received on changes, after half-year of silence from your side.....
IF you merge pull requests after years of ignoring .....

I have no comments about "project" growth then.