DanielLeens commented on PR #11814:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11814#issuecomment-5713116411

   Thanks for the careful comparison, @SEZ9 — appreciate you re-verifying 
against the sync commit rather than taking it on faith.
   
   **1. CI on the new head (5cde0fdd8).** I pulled this from 
`goutamadwant/seatunnel` run `35045349301` in my last review, and just 
re-confirmed both jobs directly via the Actions API for this exact head:
   - `engine-v2-it (11, ubuntu-latest)`: `success`. This is the leg you asked 
about — it gets through the engine module and into 
`connector-console-seatunnel-e2e`, running both 
`FakeSourceToConsoleWithEventReportIT` and `HttpReportPackagingIT`, both 
passing (raw surefire output quoted in my last review).
   - `engine-v2-it (8, ubuntu-latest)`: `failure`. I re-pulled the full job log 
for this run (job `104636467785`) just now and traced it directly: the reactor 
plan lists `SeaTunnel : E2E : Engine : Console` as module `[67/67]`, but the 
log never reaches a "Building SeaTunnel : E2E : Engine : Console" line — module 
`66/67` (`connector-seatunnel-e2e-base`) fails on 
`SplitClusterFaultToleranceIT.testStreamJobCancelResolvesWhenWorkerCrashesBeforeCancelAck`
 (`ConditionTimeout`, unrelated to HTTP event reporting), and the Maven reactor 
(no `-fae`) stops before module 67 ever starts. So on JDK 8, 
`connector-console-seatunnel-e2e` is genuinely skipped, not failed — same 
picture as before, now re-verified against this exact head's log rather than 
carried forward.
   
   **2. Kotlin stdlib versions (F4/F6).** I just re-pulled both files directly 
from the GitHub Contents API at this exact head 
(`5cde0fdd8ce8ace10b688010f968bfeeee61d6b0`), not from memory:
   - `tools/dependencies/known-dependencies.txt`: `kotlin-stdlib-1.9.10.jar`, 
`kotlin-stdlib-common-1.9.10.jar`, `kotlin-stdlib-jdk7-1.9.10.jar`, 
`kotlin-stdlib-jdk8-1.9.10.jar` — four entries, all `1.9.10`.
   - `seatunnel-dist/release-docs/LICENSE`: the same four `kotlin-stdlib*` 
entries, all `1.9.10`.
   
   I don't see a `1.8.21` entry in either file on this head. Could you point me 
to the specific file/line where you're seeing `kotlin-stdlib` at `1.8.21`? It's 
possible you're reading a cached or earlier view — `af713e463f3`/`d9855aee7d7` 
already had this pinned uniformly to `1.9.10` when I checked them in prior 
rounds too — but I'd like to check the exact source rather than assume.
   
   Given both: for (1), the JDK 8 gap is a pre-existing, already-tracked flake 
(open PR #12311, open coverage PR #12030) unrelated to this PR's diff — I 
wouldn't hold the merge open indefinitely for it to happen to line up on JDK 8 
specifically, since JDK 11 already gives a real, completed positive signal for 
the exact tests this PR owns. For (2), the inventories look correctly aligned 
as-is on the current head — happy to revisit if you can point me to where 
you're seeing the split.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to